Friday, September 7, 2012

The Atonement

On Sunday, I had the rare opportunity to go to Relief Society for the first time in years.  Our lesson was on the Atonement, and it was really great.  I just wanted to share a little insight from a quote that was shared that touched me.  It said, "He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less." - CS Lewis
I Just love this because it makes the Atonement so personal.  He died to save us all, but more importantly, He would have still done it if I (or any of us) was the only one.  He died to save me. It makes me feel closer to Him, makes me want to try harder to be like Him, and makes my love for Him deeper and stronger.  It also helps me realize that each day I need to take advantage of the Atonement and the suffering the Savior did for me in order to repent. Even though my mistakes aren't huge, they are mistakes and still need to be reconciled, and I know I cannot do it alone. For that I am eternally grateful; because with out my Savior, I would not be able to live again with our sweet family, and trust me, I do not wan to miss out on that!! :)

~Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment